Thursday, September 20, 2007

Starting off with a bang.

Time for a new korner. I haven't visited diaryland in quite a while, and I suspect that my little journal there is deactivated again. Mo suggested that I start up again to occupy some of my downtime, and it's a good idea.

As this is the first entry, I will try to form some kind of misson statement:

I will attempt to supply the maximum level of candor about all areas of my life and thoughts, withholding as little as possible while still making this a mom-friendly blog (not that I do anything that isn't Mom-friendly...hi Mom!)

And so here's the breakdown of my little world at the moment.

Work (Ad Agency Peon)
Girlfriend (soon to be wife!)
Wedding stuff (I get the easy end of this really)
Side Projects (writing mostly)
Video games (slaying imaginary things)
Jiu Jitsu (not that brazilian crap)

Hmm, yeah that covers most things. I was going to put percentages in there, but decided against it. Work would be the biggest one though.

Today is Thursday, and it's the last Thursday of the month, which is 'open mat' at my Jiu Jitsu class. Since I started this job in mid-June, I haven't been able to go to class very often and it has had an impact on the shape I'm in and the state of my training. I am going to make a serious effort to get to class tonight but the problem with this job is that it's rare that most of the other people here leave before 7:30. I would need to be in my car with my stuff by 8pm to get an hour of class time in (really tonight is a 2 hour class, but I'd be happy making the last hour). Because of all the travel time involved, I would really need to leave here by 7:00 in order to make it. That always seems so feasible but then something often happens that makes me too late to make it.

However because I feel my training and physical shape has deteriorated in the last couple months, I really have to come up with a solution. Tonight I am just going to try to bolt at 7 and say I have a class. If I am only doing that once a week I think it'll be fine.

Anyway that's probably all the blogging time I have today. Let's see if I can remember to check in on this tomorrow with an update on how it went.

No comments: